Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Our little addition to our family is a...

So, I've been waiting to write this post ever since I found out I was going to have another baby. It entered by mind for about a split second to wait to see whether the baby was a boy or girl instead of finding out. But, when the radiologist asked us whether we wanted to know, the word "yes!" just came out. I don't think I could stand the suspense of waiting. It's nice to now call her my baby girl and explain to Savannah that she's going to have a SISTER!

Yes, we're having a girl! The radiologist was very confident that she's a girl and we could see that pretty plainly too. I can't describe the feelings I had as I watched my baby on the screen for the first time. The best part happened when she sucked on four of her fingers and literally put herself to sleep.

Being a mommy, I have decided, is one of the best jobs I could ever have. It's difficult sometimes, but so worth it. There are so many wonerful mommy moments. I love that Savvy and her sister (yea!) will grow up together only 2 1/2 years apart. They'll be so close--I know it. We are so happy to have this little girl coming to our family! I'll be sure to post a few of the ultrasound pics and I'll be sending a name poll around for this baby too! Love to all!

2 comments:

Loleen said...

Congrats on the girl. That is so exciting and I am so happy for you. That will be fun for Savvy and her sister to be that close, they will have so much fun playing.

Curtis and Crystal said...

Congrats!!!!! Girls are so much fun. And plus you can use all of Savvy's clothes for this one. Having a girl and boy we had to start new with both of them. But, I do hope you get a boy some day they are so snuggly and sweet.

A Family Picture!