Sunday, January 4, 2009

So, I had a thought recently--I really think I should start doing some New Year's Resolutions. I bet you might be able to figure out which one I should really put effort into trying to accomplish this year. I can't believe that it's been since early November that I last updated this blog. That's just downright embarrassing. Yikes.

Needless to say, as I'm sure you guessed, there have been quite a few changes in our little family since I last made a post. We're still in the process of figuring out where everything goes in our new house. I never imagined it would be such a project, but it's still really fun. There's still a kitchen to paint and a million other little projects, but I love that the house is actually ours and that we get to make those decisions.

The play, Peter Pan, was immense fun--but I will never do another play during the holiday season. It took up so much of my time and there were times when I didn't think I was ever going to get my tree set up and my present shopping done. ARRR!

Well, I better get to the best news of all! We're having another baby sometime in late July to early August. It'll be interesting to see whether this baby comes on his or her exact due date like our Savannah did. I know the chances are pretty slim, but still...that would be neat!

Perry sure has been wonderful taking care of me. I didn't have all that much morning sickness with Savvy, but this time around has forced me to sometimes make the bathroom by second bedroom. He's been so great about running to the store to get me anything that sounds good to eat or drink. As the days go by, though, I've been feeling slowly better. Thank goodness for blessings and those anti-nausea pills.

Well, we're getting ready to go to my mom and dad's house for Sunday dinner. I think we're having ham--which does sound good! I kind of wonder what some of those second trimester food cravings this time around will be. Last time, all I wanted to smell was dill pickles. And yes, they tasted pretty good too!

2 comments:

Loleen said...

I am so glad to hear that everything is going well. It sounds like your holiday season was a ton of fun.
Congratulations on your second baby, that is just so exciting. I am sorry that you have been so sick, that is no fun, but I am glad that Perry is able to help you so much. Good luck with all of that. We are expecting our second baby on July 7th and very excited about it.
Good luck with everything, I hope all goes well and that you begin to feel better soon.
Love, Loleen

Mom said...

Wow am I one excited Grandma! I can't wait till baby swallow gets here. I know you are going to be feeling better soon!!!!! Love you so!!!!!!!! Mom

A Family Picture!