I've started to wonder if this whole potty training thing is going to get any easier. Perry and I have read all about training and watched a couple of videos on how to go about it. Savannah is really smart, but still seems a little wary of the potty. Sometimes it's difficult to get her to sit on it--even though we've been going about this for about a month now. Any suggestions? She's really good about knowing when she needs to go poo on her potty, though. She's done that several times. We'll just keep trying and hope she'll start to recognize when she needs to go pee on the potty too.
Some great news! We went to our first doctor visit on Monday to check on the up and coming baby Swallow. Everything went so smoothly. But, I have to admit it doesn't seem like all that long ago we were in the doctor's office when I was pregnant with Savannah. The nurse thought it still might be a little early to hear the heartbeat, but--what luck! I started getting all teary eyed as soon as I heard that "thump, thump, thump". Perry even got a little teary eyed himself!
It's still hard to fathom that I'll already be in my second trimester at the end of this month. Hopefully, this nausea will taper down next month, too. I'm really optimistic about that as a lot of the nausea I was feeling is slowly diminishing. Pregnancy is sure different the second time around. I'm sure that has a lot to do with the fact that this time I'm chasing an almost two year old around at the same time! Oh--just a note! Baby Swallow is due on August 1st! What fun to be pregnant this time during the warmer months!
I think Savannah is starting to get excited about the prospect of becoming a big sister. We've been "practising" with baby dolls for the past couple weeks and trying to teach her about what having a new baby in the house will be like. She'll be two and a half when the baby comes and I think she'll be a great helper for me. I asked her the other day whether she'd like a baby brother or baby sister. She definitely responded: "sis!". Cute, huh!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Family Picture!

Make your Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com![]()
Swallow Family's Favorite Websites:
- http://abstinebaugh.blogspot.com/
- http://candlcarter.blogspot.com/
- http://ccloveless.blogspot.com/
- http://devinandnichole.blogspot.com/
- http://jamesxtwo.blogspot.com
- http://lbwilliamson.blogspot.com
- http://littlereesespieces.blogspot.com/
- http://nebekercraziness.blogspot.com/
- http://superblamiresworld.blogspot.com
- http://tayoungbergs.blogspot.com/
- http://www.americanbaby.com
- http://www.byui.edu
- http://www.dabowens.blogspot.com
- http://www.disneymovierewards.com
- http://www.gerber.com
- http://www.lds.org
- http://www.lewistonmovies.com
- http://www.pampers.com
- http://www.parenting.com/babytalk
- http://www.pregnancy.org
- http://www.seanscottfamily.blogspot.com
4 comments:
Congrats Shan! I'm so happy for you. Wish we had some similar news, but no luck so far. Anyhow...you're lucky that Savannah will Poo in the toilet. Most kids will pee in the toilet, but not poo. So you've got half the battle over with. Good luck I know it's no easy task!
Yea! Congrats to you, Perry and Savannah! And good luck on the potty training!
I'm sorry I'm terrible at keeping in touch. I hope things are going well (it sounds like they are).
Much love,
Tess
Oh! How wonderful! Congratulations and best of luck with getting through the rest of the morning sickness. I've been there! Congrats on the heart beat too! Cheers - Veronica Kenney (Tess's sister).
Congrats on the new baby coming. I hope the pregnancy goes well and as planned. It is always a comfort to hear the heartbeat for the first time and actually know there is something in there. Good luck and please keep in touch. I think about you guys often and hope all is well. Crystal
Post a Comment