Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Whole Lotta Talkin' Goin' On

Wow...August is already here and flying by as well. Truly, where does the time go? When I was in school, I used to think the school year dragged on--as if summer would never come. Now, we seem to be going through every month so quickly.

It's been very warm here--which isn't unusual for this valley that we live in. I can't stand the days that are 95 degrees and higher. Yikes--what if I lived somewhere even hotter!? Most people really like summer, but fall is really my favorite season. Not too hot and not too cold yet.

My sister-in-law, Heather, and I were recently in the newspaper here. A writer from the Lewiston Tribune came to The Gift Box to interview us so she could write an article featuring our store. We loved the article and were so excited to read it and see our picture in the paper as well. Many people have come in our store because they said they saw that article! I love being down at the gift store three days a week. I get to meet new people, arrange new items, pick out new stuff--and I get to bring Savvy with me! How could it get any better?

As I mentioned, Savannah gets to come to work with me--and does she ever have fun. She'll play with her toys for a little bit, but then she'll want to inspect everything in the store. I think her favorite things to look at are our candles. She definitely has her favorite ones she likes to smell.

It's not always easy to understand her, but Savvy is definitely saying some real words now. She says "yes", "okay", and "daddy" with absolute clarity. We hear lots other words too, but those are her favorite ones. I thought I even heard her say "I did this" the other day. Perry keeps saying that she talks as much as her mom. He's probably right.

Both Perry and I are getting very excited for Savannah to go into nursery at church for the first time a week from Sunday. I can't believe that she's almost 18 months old already. My baby is really starting to look more like a little girl everyday. I am still constantly amazed by how much she continues to change and grow up.

Well, I've gotten kind of wordy. That usually happens when I haven't written in over 2 months. I'll try to be better about keeping everyone posted about what's going on here. Cross you fingers that we'll find a house! Love to all!

3 comments:

Brian and Leilani said...

Hey Shan! Sounds like things are going well for you and keeping you on your toes. Just wanted to let you know I enjoy your updates!

-Leilani

Loleen said...

Hey Shan. It sounds like things are going good. Your little girl is cute and sure growing up. It sounds like your store is a lot of fun. You should post more pictures of Savvy, we would love to see what she looks like. Good luck with nursery.

Marci said...

Hey Shannon! I would love to see pictures of your store!!! How are things going for you guys??

A Family Picture!