Monday, February 25, 2008

Happy Birthday to Savannah!

I never truly believed that the first year of my baby's life would pass by so quickly. Everyone I knew told me this would be the case--but I didn't really realize that I would blink and my baby girl would be a year old! Everything about my pregnancy, labor and her birth is still so vivid in my mind and it doesn't seem at all possible that it happened a year ago.

As most of you know, our dear baby girl celebrated her first birthday on Saturday, February 23rd! We thought we were going to do a Care Bear theme, but Savannah changed her mind at the last minute (zoo animals). She was so excited on her birthday, that she woke up extra early to let her mommy and daddy know she was ready for her special day. I think she really liked the birthday posters and balloons we put up everywhere around the house, too!

Later that day, Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Heather, and Uncle Casey came over for Savannah's party. We ate fun snacks, opened presents (I think Savannah was a little spoiled!), and then had birthday cupcakes! Savannah, however, did NOT seem to like her birthday cupcake. She put her hands in it and then started crying--I don't think she likes being messy at all! We did get a few pictures of her eating a little bit of the cupcake, but she only ate maybe a quarter of it. (I always thought babies loved cake on their first birthdays!) She's a good girl though--she loves her fruits and veggies and knows what foods are good for her.

I've included some her birthday pictures on our website. I'm so excited to share them with you! Have fun looking at them--I know they'll bring a smile to your face! Love to all!

No comments:

A Family Picture!