Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cleaning House, a Holiday Season and some ARRRR!

Life can't get any busier, can it? It sure seems like it can. November is getting close to being halfway over and there's still so much Perry and I need to get done before the 22nd.

We got the keys to our house on Halloween and have been busy cleaning, painting and packing ever since. Picking out paint color and carpet was fun--but now all the work we have been doing to get the house ready for "move in day" has been really daunting. We decided to recarpet the bedrooms and hallway and then refinish the hardwood floors in the living room and dining room. Our house is really starting to look beautiful, though. I love the hardwood floors!

Can you believe the holidays are already here? I have seen dozens of Christmas commercials already and have heard Christmas music on the radio. Thanksgiving hasn't even happened yet! I love the feel of the season, though. I love that we, as a world, remember the Savior's birth. This season makes me feel happy, full of love, and grateful for my blessings. It truly is one of the most joyous times of the year.

Rehearsals for Peter Pan are going well. It's exciting to see all of the little parts come together to make a play. I love this opportunity to try something new, meet new people and have tons of fun. The songs and dances are fantastic--I love being a goofy pirate. Though, I've found I've been saying "Arrrrrr!" a lot--even when I'm not at rehearsal!

Well, I better get to some more packing. I made sure to post some Halloween pics of Savannah and some "before" pictures of our new house! Love to all!

2 comments:

Brian and Leilani said...

Sounds like things are busy. Thanks for the pics of your house and halloween pics as well! :)

Anonymous said...

Savannah is really cute! (of course). We are soooo excited for you and the house. When things are done we will have to come up and visit with you and see the house. Love to all,
Evans Family

A Family Picture!